- Audits of websites and web apps
- Workshops with your development team
- Consulting on building accessible digital products
- Consulting on accessibility regulations of the European Union
A web for everyone
Inclusive web design is not only aimed at people with disabilities, but offers all Internet users better usability. This accessibility for all is especially important because more and more aspects of life will become digital - and at some point maybe will only be possible digitally.
Accessible web design also means designing HTML documents semantically (i.e. making their content, relationships and meanings more understandable to machines). This is good for the search engines and voice assistants of the present - and most certainly technologies of the future.
Ways I can help you making your digital products accessible:
- I run accessibility audits using a standardized evaluation methodology. After that we review my findings and analysis and chart a way on how to improve your website or web app
- I examine your web apps (or single widgets) regarding accessibility guidelines and best practices
- I join the creation and planning phase of your digital product. We can review existing concept materials, and I can point out factors that you need to consider in the coming project phase.
- I advice you on implementing the new international, process-oriented standard on digital accessibility, ISO 30071-1.
- On directive2102.eu I gathered concise information about EU Directive 2016/2102 and what it means for the accessibility of websites and web apps of the European Public sector. Furthermore I keep my eye on developments regarding the European Accessibility Act (Directive EU 2019/882).
- Web(-app) accessibility
- Content Management Systems: ProcessWire, Drupal, Kirby
- PHP Framework: Laravel
- Concept, audit and consultancy
- Workshops and trainings
I'm available for new projects starting February 2020. Can I help you building a successful digital product?